Good Morning! Let me introduce you to my new best friend – the breakfast quinoa bowl! This will make your Monday morning suck less. If you want to start your week right, shove all this nome in your mouth.
You got that healthy quinoa, that CHEESE that melts so nicely in the hotness of those grains (I think that is what quinoa is, still unclear) the bite of that green onion, that crunchiness of the has brown, that you could get from McDonald’s, but it’s not McDonald’s it’s YO kitchen, that ooey gooeyness of the egg ALL IN ONE. Oh & don’t forget the Sriracha! No better way to kick-start your day.
For those of you who need a photo of the quinoa for the grocery store, here you go =) Quinoa in 3 minutes. Say WHAT!?
What more could you want in life? But like seriously…what more? I make this shit at LEAST once a week.
FINAL VERDICT: 5 BOMBS
INGREDIENTS: (makes 1 bowl)
- 1/2 cup of quinoa (Trader Joe’s Frozen quinoa is the quickest)
- 2 frozen sausage links (chopped into pieces) – Or use bacon if you prefer
- 1-2 eggs depending on your liking
- 2 stalks of asparagus
- 1/8 cup of cheddar cheese – shredded
- Handful of chopped up cherry tomatoes
- Small handful of chopped up bell pepper
- 1/2 green onion chopped
- 1 Frozen Hash brown
- Salt & Pepper
- Sauté the bell pepper, tomatoes & asparagus for about 4 minutes until tender – once done put aside
- If you are using Trader Joe’s frozen quinoa microwave the bag for 3-4 minutes.
- Microwave the sausage links according to package.
- Toast the has brown according to package.
- While the quinoa/sausage is cooking fry your egg(s)
- Assemble our bowl. Top the quinoa with the sausage, bell peppers, asparagus, tomatoes, cheese, green onion, salt, pepper. Top with the egg(s) and drizzle Sriracha on top.
- ENJOY! =)