#Fitfam #Health #HealthyEating #HappyFood #BEEF #hashtag. All hashtags that are obnoxious, but can be used when talking about this fresh ass salad right here. It’s so healthy you won’t even feel bad about NOMMING on the crunchy ass baguette on the side. Thank you Hello Fresh – you kick Blue Aprons ass HARD.
Smashing garlic with the side of your knife – best feeling ever. Can’t describe it. You just have to try it yourself. Maybe it’s because you just know roasted garlic is in your near future. Roasting peppers. NOMZ. Steak. double NOMZ. Bread in the form of a baguette. ALL THE FEELS
I dream about Garlic & steak which is why this song was appropriate while whipping up this kick ass dish.
The dressing alone here is phenom. Make some extra and just use it on other salads as well. There was cheese on here so YAY! The cold salad mixed with the warm peppers & steak was PERFECTO!
FINAL VERDICT: 4 Bombs
This recipe comes from HelloFresh! Check them out today!
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- Small Baguette
- 1/2 cup Feta Cheese
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- Spring Mix
- Rosemary Sprigs
- 12 oz Sirloin Steak
- 1 Tblsp White Wine Vinegar
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Olive Oil
1.Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
2. Strip the rosemary from the stems. Crush the garlic cloves. Thinly slice the bell pepper.
3. Toss the bell pepper on a baking sheet with a drizzle of olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Wrap the smashed garlic and rosemary in tin foil with a large drizzle of olive oil. Place the foil bundle on the baking sheet with the peppers. Place in the oven for 15 minutes, tossing the peppers after about 7-8 minutes of cooking, until they are slightly charred and the garlic is soft.
4. Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Season the steak on all sides with salt & pepper. Add the steak to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes per side, until browned, but not yet cooked to desired doneness. Transfer the steak to the baking sheet in the oven to finish cooking for 4-8 minutes, or until cooked to desired doneness.
5. Cut the baguette into 1/2 inch slices on a diagonal. Once the peppers, garlic, and steak are done, remove them from the baking sheet. Place the baguette slices on the baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, and return to the oven for about 5 minutes, until toasted.
6. Make the vinaigrette: Mash the garlic with a fork until smooth. Finely chop the rosemary. In a large bowl, whisk together the roasted garlic, 1/2 teaspoon rosemary, 1 Tablespoon white wine vinegar, and a large drizzle of olive oil (to taste). Season with salt & pepper.
6 Assemble the salad: Thinly slice the steak against the grain. Toss the roasted red peppers and spring mix with enough rosemary garlic vinaigrette to coat. Plate the Spanish steak salad topped with sliced steak and feta cheese. Serve the baguette toasts to the side and enjoy!